Tostitos Hint of Guacamole
Taste test: Big fan of guacamole here, but unfortunately, guac is one of those things that's very tough to get right. By its nature, things made from avocado have a short shelf life, and making your own would be great if timing the ripeness of an avocado didn't prove so difficult. If Tostitos has found were a way to get that great taste onto a shelf-stable chip, count me in!
The round, midsize tortilla chips had uneven coatings of green stuff, plus some very unevenly applied black seasoning scattered about. The green did bring a nice visual clue to the inclusion of guac — enough that I'd actually expect more than a hint.
I crunched in to find a taste that was kind of ranch-like, while also being also mildly spicy. The spice grew into a middling heat and stayed around for an aftertaste. The totality of the seasonings was definitely more than a hint. It didn't taste much like guacamole, though maybe there was a hint of guac (which really was all that they promised) amid all that other stuff. But with so much more heat than your typical guac, it kind of defeated the purpose of this snack, which was to be able to taste guac. It was a good taste, but it was disappointing that, much like other chips that attempted to deliver the flavor of guacamole, this one also largely failed.
Shop: Buy Tostitos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Something there besides the salty corn, but really not quite guacamole.
From the package: “Good apart. Better together. Hint of Guacamole, meet tasty salsa.”
Online store: Buy Tostitos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Tostitos tortilla chips (41 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1062 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Guacamole/Avocado-flavored chips (23 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road