Tostitos Cantina Chipotle Thins
Taste test: The marketing folks at Tostitos made kind of a big deal of it when they introduced their Cantina chips (in Traditional and Thin & Crispy versions) a few years back. Both were OK, but unworthy of any sort of big deal among the many varieties of Tostitos. This flavor, however, was a big deal.
The chips had a good helping of seasoning on them, with an otherwise similar look to the Thin & Crispy version. We crunched in to find a nice light texture with good crispness, a lot like a fresh restaurant chip, but also with some delicious spicy hot seasoning. The mix of flavor and texture was outstanding. These might have been the the best flavored tortilla chips ever.
The real question here was why Tostitos launched the Cantina line with those other two kinds and not this one.
Shop: Buy Tostitos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Spicy, nice!
From the package: “On spicing up the fiesta: Every party needs a little spice. Bring the smoky flavor of chipotle. It's a little spicy & a lot of fun!”
Online store: Buy Tostitos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Tostitos tortilla chips (41 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Chipotle Snacks (46 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road