Tostitos Artisan Recipes Roasted Garlic & Black Bean
Taste test: These large tortilla chips had a quarter-circle shape, with a dark beige overall color and some darker spots, a somewhat wiggly appearance and some bubbles embedded inside.
They were crisp and had a nice brittle crunch, and the flavor was quite tasty, with a mild garlic as the primary flavor. The garlic and black bean taste was most noticeable on first biting in, but it didn't go away entirely as it gradually diminished and mixed with the tasty corn after that. Flavoring tortilla chips helps you to avoid the work and mess of dealing with salsa or other dips. I'm not sure what qualifies this flavor (or any flavor) as "artisan" as it didn't seem like a fancy recipe or anything, but no complaints at all as the taste and texture were both very good.
Shop: Buy Tostitos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Lots of roasted garlic and other spices, very nice.
From the package: “100% natural ingredients” ... “It's the best thing to happen to tortilla chips since ... well, we don't know when. Meet Tostitos® Artisan Recipes™ Tortilla Chips. Distinctive & delicious because of what's in them — not just on top of them. We began with a blend of 9 flavorful grains. Then, black beans and roasted garlic are added into the chips to create their one-of-a-kind flavor. This chip tastes as amazing as it is beautiful.”
Online store: Buy Tostitos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Tostitos tortilla chips (41 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Garlic (107 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2011
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road