Tostitos Artisan Recipes Grilled Red Pepper & Tomato Salsa
Taste test: These large, quarter-circle tortilla chips had generally dark orange surfaces, with lots of bumps, bubbles, darker spots and lighter spots.
Some of the chips were fairly flat, but many were wiggly or folded-over. Shape aside, they looked a lot like Doritos. But I crunched in to find that chips had a softer, more brittle crunch than Doritos. The taste was very good, with mix of very mild salsa a sort of a toasted corn flavor. We shared these with some snackers who had just returned from a run, and as people crunched into these while enjoying some beer, they had high praise for the flavor.
Shop: Buy Tostitos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice salsa smell, fairly mild.
From the package: “We start with 9 flavorful grains. Then we add a blend of mild ancho peppers, roasted red peppers, tomatoes and spices to create a delicious one-of-a-kind snack.”
Online store: Buy Tostitos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Tostitos tortilla chips (40 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (590 snacks)
- Tomato Snacks (97 snacks)
- Salsa Chips (89 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Guacamole!
- Takis Blue Heat
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Jays Hot Stuff Crunchy Cheezlets
- Hostess Wintermint Ding Dongs
- Stuffed Puffs
- TGI Fridays Potato Skins Bacon Ranch
- Red Rock Deli Fire Roasted Jalapeño Kettle Style Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road