Tostitos Artisan Recipes Fire-Roasted Chipotle
Taste test: This version of Tostitos consisted of large, quarter-circle tortilla chips with a color that fell somewhere between beige and light orange.
They tasted good, with a nice mix of spices and some mildly hot peppers, definitely enough flavor to be enjoyed without the need for a dip. But I was actually expecting more, as the whole "Artisan Recipes" concept made me anticipate some really special gourmet flavor. So as with the also-good Roasted Garlic and Black Bean version of Artisan Recipes, I liked the chips but was a bit disappointed that I didn't like them more.
Shop: Buy Tostitos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good mild chipotle and toasted corn smell, really goes well together.
From the package: “100% natural ingredients” ... “It's the best thing to happen to tortilla chips since ... well, we don't know when. Meet Tostitos® Artisan Recipes™ Tortilla Chips. Distinctive & delicious because of what's in them — not just on top of them. We began with a blend of 9 flavorful grains. Then, roasted chipotle and spices are added into the chips to create their one-of-a-kind flavor. This chip tastes as amazing as it is beautiful.”
Online store: Buy Tostitos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Tostitos tortilla chips (41 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Chipotle Snacks (46 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2011
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road