Tortrix Tacos Salsa Criolla
Taste test: These chips took the tubular, rolled-up tortilla shapes popularized by Takis, though much like the Volteados and Chile-ros flavors from Tortrix, the shapes were less tightly rolled and more irregularly shaped than Takis. Colorwise, their mix of yellow and orange was similar to Doritos. With a promise of a Creole flavoring, it sounded intriguing.
I crunched in to find lots of great strong corn crunch, with a flavor that was surprisingly mild, as it was pretty much the standard nacho cheese flavor, with none of the expected Creole salsa. Great crunch and a good taste, but the special flavor seemed to be absent.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly like toasted corn, but some spices with a bit of hot pepper.
From the package: “Product of Guatemala”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Guatemala (11 reviews)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Salsa Chips (89 snacks)
- Tubular Tortillas (47 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road