Tortrix Tacos Salsa Criolla
Taste test: These chips took the tubular, rolled-up tortilla shapes popularized by Takis, though much like the Volteados and Chile-ros flavors from Tortrix, the shapes were less tightly rolled and more irregularly shaped than Takis. Colorwise, their mix of yellow and orange was similar to Doritos. With a promise of a Creole flavoring, it sounded intriguing.
I crunched in to find lots of great strong corn crunch, with a flavor that was surprisingly mild, as it was pretty much the standard nacho cheese flavor, with none of the expected Creole salsa. Great crunch and a good taste, but the special flavor seemed to be absent.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly like toasted corn, but some spices with a bit of hot pepper.
From the package: “Product of Guatemala”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Guatemala (10 reviews)
- Tortilla Chips (591 snacks)
- Salsa Chips (89 snacks)
- Tubular Tortillas (43 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Phú Cuong Market, Dorchester Ave. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road