Tortrix Tacos Chile-ros
Taste test: Most of the previous snacks under the Tortrix brand that we've reviewed were fairly similar to Fritos, though with less predictable shapes, but this time it followed the model of the Tortrix Tacos Volteados, with a shape kind of like Takis, though not quite. They didn't roll these tortilla as tightly as Takis, nor did the rolled-up shapes form as straight of a line. The pieces had a lot of intense orange seasoning, with some of the bare yellow chip material showing through.
I crunched in to find a fairly strong crunch and a very strong flavor, with lots of chili pepper heat and a lot of lime too. The flames erupting from the word "Chile-ros" on the front of the bag were a good reflection of the high heat, though these didn't make a serious challenge for the hottest ever. Tasty, hot and good!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong chili and lime flavor.
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Guatemala (11 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Chili Chips (226 snacks)
- Lime Chips (154 snacks)
- Tubular Tortillas (47 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Mi Salvador Mexicano, Chelsea, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road