Tortiyahs! Superior Dipping Chips Sea Salt
Taste test: These large, quarter-circle tortilla chips had a pale beige color and somewhat curvy shapes, so they looked like fairly typical tortilla chips But I found this appearance surprising, given the emphasis on dipping in the marketing copy on the bag. They didn't have scoop shapes like Tostitos Dippers or other dipping-optimized chips.
I crunched in to find that they had a very good crispness and a nice crunch, plus lots of great salty corn taste. They had plenty of surface area for dipping, but not really the shapes to hold dip well. Even the pictures on the bag showed stuff being carefully arranged onto the chips, not what they would look like following a dip. Still, very tasty for plain tortilla chips.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong corn tortilla smell. Intense.
From the package: “Stone ground corn tortilla” ... “Holds up to hardy dip” ... “Here, in the south where these chips are crafted, we believe in backbone, strength and courage. From the most ginormous guacamoles to the hottest jalapenos sauces, and we say, 'bring your A game.' Because there's a new dipping chip in town.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Golden Flake (14 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (235 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road