Topitos Rounds Salsa Verde Tortilla Chips
Taste test: One of our favorite snacks ever is Doritos Salsa Verde, but they're rarely available for purchase, so when we saw Wise's new Topitos brand selling the same flavor, you can imagine what we did. We bought a bag. The surprising thing to start was that despite all of the green on the bag, the chips pictured on the front had no green at all; they just looked like regular round tortilla chips. We opened the bag to find chips with a brighter shade of orange, but still no green on them. They were cut round, but most of the chips were curled up to some degree.
We crunched in to find an excellent crispness, much like Doritos, but a crunch that was softer than Doritos. The salsa taste wasn't all that noticeable on the first bite, but it did kick in nicely in the aftertaste. The flavor wasn't nearly as strong as Salsa Verde Doritos, but it wasn't just a weaker copycat flavor either, as these had a nice taste all their own, kind of tangy and citrusy. Very good.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A bit of a salsa kick, but mild
From the package: “Surprise your taste buds with the tangy flavor and crunch of Wise® Salsa Verde Topitos” ... “Made with whole-grain corn, our tortilla rounds are crispy and light, a perfect snack to satisfy your intense cravings.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Wise Foods Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy. Review published April 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road