Tohato Bokun Habanero Pizza Potato Snacks
Taste test: The mean-looking habanero pepper on this bag got my attention — apparently the word "bokun" translates as tyrant — and I've never heard of a habanero pizza, so this snack definitely looked worth a try.
The smallish, hollow snacks had three-pointed shapes, kind of like right-angle isosceles triangles, except curving slightly inward on each side. They were two-tone in color, with light orange on one side and red on the other.
I crunched in to find a nice light, crisp crunch, with a tasty mix of potato, cheese, peppers, tomato and spices. There wasn't a lot of habanero heat, but there was some, and the combination of tastes was quite nice. I've had some foods where "tyrant" would be a good description of the habanero, but it didn't really apply here, as it was pretty mild. Still, very tasty!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice tangy cheese smell, kind of like Gouda.
From the package: “Product of Japan”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Japan (171 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (415 snacks)
- Pizza Chips (70 snacks)
- Habanero Chips (52 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at H Mart, Cambridge/Burlington, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Good Life Finute Corn Chips
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road