The New Yorker By Herr's Potato Chips
Taste test: These pale yellow, thinly cut chips had a bit of skin visible on some of the edges, and they were very crisp, with a good level of salt and good potato taste.
They were also a bit greasy. Indeed, the whole experience was pretty much the same as Herr's regular potato chips, so the distinction here was that they came in a bag showing part of the New York City skyline. The recipe was the standard recipe from Herr's, the largest potato chip maker in Pennsylvania, and Herr's didn't hide the fact that these chips were indeed made in Pennsylvania. So other than the fact that we bought them in New York, there was nothing New York about these chips. Herr's makes great chips, so we would still recommend them, but really this turned out to be just a novelty bag.
Shop: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Salty potato smell, a bit greasy.
From the package: “Crisp and tasty, natural and delicious, The New Yorker By Herr's® is one little potato chip that shines brightly under the big city lights. Hailing from humble beginnings in Nottingham, Pennsylvania, Herr's® takes great pride in delivering a chip of exceptional great taste using the same time-honored tradition started by Jim Herr over 60 years ago.”
Online store: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at C Town Supermarket, 2910 Broadway, Astoria, Queens. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road