The Snack Artist Nacho Cheese Tortilla Chips
Taste test: These chips looked a whole lot like Nacho Cheese Doritos, with the same triangular shapes and a similar surface texture. These cheese level appeared to vary a lot from one chip to the next and even within different areas of the same chip.
We crunched in to find that there was a good crispness but a lot less cheese flavor than the corresponding Doritos. The chips tasted good, with a nice toasted corn flavor and some cheese, but if you're craving the extreme cheese taste of Doritos, you might have to spring for the real thing.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells a lot like Doritos, but maybe a hint less cheese and more toasted corn.
From the package: “Mariácheese” ... “You never know what The Snack Artist will create next. Inspired by our mouth-watering variety of sweet, salty and savory snacks, he's created playful works of art to showcase these masterpieces of great taste, perfect for any occasion.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Better Living Brands LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published October 2015.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road