The Maui Chip Taro Chips
Taste test: These chips were very crunchy and tasted very good.
Taro chips have a much different texture than potato chips, but once you get used to it, they can be quite enjoyable. Like all taro chips, these had a pattern on them that looked like ink smears from a purple ballpoint pen.
Shop: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very, very nice!
From the package: “No-Ka-Oi” ... “Made in Hawaii” ... “Taro is the root of Hawaiians. Since taro's arrival in 450 A.D. from Polynesia, it has provided nourishment and spirituality to Hawaiians. Legens tell of taro's influence on our bountiful sun, water and tropical greenery. Thin slices of taro are kettle cooked and gently seasoned to create these chips.”
Online store: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Christine Guarrera in Hawaii. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Pap's Genuine Beef Jerky Blazin Cajun Style Thin Cut
- Trader Joe's Sea Salted Saddle Potato Crisps
- StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy
- Jack Link's White Meat Chicken Tender Bites Original
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Mini Crullers Original Glazed
- Trader Joe's Organic Milk Chocolate Truffle
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road