The Better Chip Spinach & Kale with Sea Salt
Taste test: These round tortilla chips had surfaces that were generally very light green with many darker green bits of various sizes and shapes embedded inside, plus some tiny white bits as well. They definitely looked very green.
We crunched in to find a soft crunch and well below average level of crispness, but there was a very nice taste, mostly like a salted tortilla chip but with hints of the promised veggies. Spinach and kale are not exactly everyday foods for many people on our snacking panel, but nobody complained about the taste at all, as people enjoyed these a lot. Even those who do eat things like spinach and kale liked these. Would have been even better if the chips were quite a bit crisper.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet veggie smell, definitely some spinach in there. Nice.
From the package: “spinach & kale corn chips” ... “Naturally GF Gluten-Free” ... “Non GMO Project Verified” ... “We make these 100% All Natural chips from fresh, whole vegetables and whole grain corn masa. This simple process of using high quality, fresh, all natural ingredients delivers authentic flavor from within each chip.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Fresh Gourmet, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (235 snacks)
- Vegetable Chips (151 snacks)
- Kale Snacks (7 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published February 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road