The Better Chip Spinach & Kale with Sea Salt
Taste test: These round tortilla chips had surfaces that were generally very light green with many darker green bits of various sizes and shapes embedded inside, plus some tiny white bits as well. They definitely looked very green.
We crunched in to find a soft crunch and well below average level of crispness, but there was a very nice taste, mostly like a salted tortilla chip but with hints of the promised veggies. Spinach and kale are not exactly everyday foods for many people on our snacking panel, but nobody complained about the taste at all, as people enjoyed these a lot. Even those who do eat things like spinach and kale liked these. Would have been even better if the chips were quite a bit crisper.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet veggie smell, definitely some spinach in there. Nice.
From the package: “spinach & kale corn chips” ... “Naturally GF Gluten-Free” ... “Non GMO Project Verified” ... “We make these 100% All Natural chips from fresh, whole vegetables and whole grain corn masa. This simple process of using high quality, fresh, all natural ingredients delivers authentic flavor from within each chip.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Fresh Gourmet, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Tortilla Chips (592 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (231 snacks)
- Vegetable Chips (146 snacks)
- Kale Snacks (7 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road