The Better Chip Jalapeño Corn Chips
Taste test: These round tortilla chips had generally a yellow-beige color, with lots of different colors on the surfaces and lots of stuff embedded inside, including what appeared to be chunks of jalapeno pepper. The chips pictured on the bag had a color fairly typical of yellow corn tortilla chips, but the actual chips were a few shades darker.
We crunched in to find a soft crunch and fairly low level of crispness, but also a nice kick of flavor including some good fresh jalapeno taste. The jalapeno stayed around for a mildly hot aftertaste too. If the texture had been as good as the taste, these would have been some top notch tortilla chips, but they didn't quite live up the the impressiveness of The Better Chip's Red Bell Pepper flavor.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice. Smells like a bowl of green salsa.
From the package: “Made from fresh jalapeños with sea salt” ... “The Flavor's Inside®” ... “We make these 100% All Natural chips from fresh, whole vegetables and whole grain corn masa. This simple process of using high quality, fresh, all natural ingredients delivers authentic flavor from within each chip.” ... “Made in a completely nut-free environment”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Fresh Gourmet, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Jalapeno Snacks (246 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road