The Better Chip Chipotle Corn Chips
Taste test: These tortilla chips were round but generally bent in one way or another, with a dark orange color overall that included many large darker spots plus many small light spots.
I crunched in to find a soft crunch and low level of crispness, though the chips were fairly thick, with mostly a standard tortilla chips flavor initially. The chips promised that the flavor was inside, and that was borne out in eating them, as the chipotle pepper flavor hit next. It wasn't all that hot initially, but it did continue to grow hotter and hotter in the aftertaste, especially after eating several chips in a row. However, the high heat didn't translate into a whole lot of great taste, as the flavor — heat aside — was fairly bland.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like Trader Joe's chipotle salsa. Mild, though.
From the package: “The Flavor's Inside™” ... “Heat Advisory: chipotle peppers in each chip” ... “We blend smokey chipotles directly into our chips to give them their spicy flavor and bold color.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Fresh Gourmet, LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published June 2015.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road