Texan Original Chipelada Michelada Flavored Tortilla Chips
Taste test: These chips promised a flavor that I'd never heard of — Chipelada — and Googling around, it turned out not to be a real word, as all of the references we could find were referring to this very product. Michelada, shown as sort of a secondary name or description underneath Chipelada, turned out to be a real thing of the alcoholic beverage variety, so Chipelada was kind of a play on chips and Michelada.
The quarter-circle chips were large, pale and had a bit of seasoning on the surfaces. Most of the chips had some curl to them, and there were lots of little bumps on the surfaces. The chips had a soft crunch, with middling crispness, and taste was mildly lime-like initially, transitioning into a mild hot pepper taste in the end. Not a flavor that I'd go way out of my way to find, but good enough to add some interest to tortilla chips. Pretty good, especially with beer.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Some nice spices on top of the salted tortilla smell.
From the package: “Made in the heart of Texas” ... “Go Texan.®” ... “From the Alamo city of San Antonio, Texas, Ricos has been in the heart of Tex-Mex cuisine for well over a century. Using our favorite family recipes and quality ingredients, Ricos is famous for creating authentic, unique and flavorful products that capture the taste of the Southwest.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Ricos Products Co., Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Lime Chips (154 snacks)
- Alcohol-themed Snacks (58 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Cost Plus World Market. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road