Terra Kettles Chesapeake Bay & Beer
Taste test: As with some other Terra chips, it was a challenge to get this bag open, and once we got it open, we found that the bag was filled about halfway.
The wiggly, brownish, kettle-cooked chips had a nice crispness and tasted good, but they didn't taste anything like Old Bay seasoning. We were expecting something along the lines of Herr's Old Bay chips or Utz Crab Chips, but the level of seasoning was so minimal that any comparison seemed to be way off. It's like they took those other chips' seasonings and ratcheted down the level by about 95%. There wasn't any beer taste either. The taste was good, but it just wasn't anything like what was advertised.
Shop: Buy Terra Chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice. Sort of cinnamony with other spices.
From the package: “New chef-inspired flavors” ... “A Mid-Atlantic favorite, Chesapeake Bay & Beer seasoning is a stand-out flavor for a potato chip. Perfect for any snacking occasion these tangy chips combine paprika, celery, bay, garlic, and onion, with a hint of natural beer flavor.”
Online store: Buy Terra Chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Hain Celestial Group, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Whole Foods Market (formerly Bread & Circus). Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road