Tayto Pickled Onion Flavour Snaps
Taste test: These corn-based snacks were supposed to be shaped like the snapping mouth of an alligator (or perhaps a crocodile) and had a light yellow color.
They didn't really look much like a snapping mouth, but anyway, I crunched in to find a cheese puff-like consistency, with a mild crunch, along with a surprisingly mild pickled onion flavor. The pickled onion didn't have the strength of the similarly flavored Monster Munch, but it was still tasty and mixed well with the underlying corn puff. As with other pickled onion snacks, these elicited a wide range of reactions from our tasters, but most people did like them.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Fairly mild, but can definitely detect both pickle and onion.
From the package: “Snaps eaters, you fearless breed. You think nothing of sticking your hands into a big bag of Snaps. As as for the Pickled Onion flavour, you live for it. Snaps, the snack that bites back!”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Ireland (109 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (389 snacks)
- Onion Snacks (112 snacks)
- Pickle Chips (68 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Kiki's Kwik-Mart, Brighton, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road