Tayto Mega Meanies Pickled Onion
Taste test: We reviewed Meanies many years ago, but going Mega is new to us, so we wanted to see if they were indeed 1 million times meaner than the original.
The pieces were presumably supposed to be shaped like the mean monster pictured on the bag, but in actuality, the shape was maybe like its head, with small eye holes and a bigger one for the mouth, plus six spikes rising up out of the top. The shapes varied a bit from piece to piece, but really they looked more like a baseball mitt than the monster.
The corn-based snack had a light beige color. I crunched in to find a nice crisp feel, with a surprisingly mild pickled onion taste. A nice taste without getting excessively on the pickle or onion. But I don't know what the Mega was about, as it was big in neither size nor flavor — indeed, the flavor was far less intense than the original.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not very oniony or pickle-y.
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Ireland (110 reviews)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (395 snacks)
- Onion Snacks (114 snacks)
- Pickle Chips (70 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road