Taste test: These snacks looked mostly like cheese puffs, with a yellow color and not much curve to them, but without any cheese powder on their surfaces.
I crunched in to find a nice crispness and soft crunch, then lots and lots of salty chicken flavor, like an extra-intense bowl of chicken soup. Very tasty. I also enjoyed looking at the bag, as the chickens depicted seemed quite happy that I was about to eat them, and they also reminded me of the movie Chicken Run.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like strong salty chicken broth.
From the package: “Less than 100 calories per bag” ... “Premium Tayto snack guaranteed” ... “Feeling peckish? Inside this bag are Mr. Tayto's delicious Chickatees prime for a lickin'. What are you waiting for? Don't just sit there reading the back of this packet, dive on in there are show those chickens who's boss!”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Ireland (110 reviews)
- Non-cheese Puffs (129 snacks)
- Chicken Snacks (86 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2011
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road