Tayto Velvet Crunch Cheddar Cheese & Spring Onion Flavour
Taste test: These snacks had the wiggly texture of rice chips or Popchips, with somewhat more irregular shapes, as they deviated from being round.
The crisps were light beige, with some orangeish areas, plus some specks of green. The big change from other snacks we've tried was that these were made from cassava rather than potato, and they turned out to be quite good. They were crisp with a light crunch, and the cheddar cheese & spring onion flavor was really quite delicious. I don't know whether I could taste any of the cassava or just the added flavoring, but everything that I could taste was great!
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Really nice sweet onion smell. Great!
From the package: “Only 83 calories per pack” ... “70 Less Fat No Taste Compromise” ... “Fancy something new? Fancy something exotic? This new snack is inspired by the Brazilian Cassava plant — the perfect low carbohydrate alternative to the potato. It's a new and delicate texture that sits lightly on the tongue, bursting with delicious Cheddar Cheese & Spring Onion flavour.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Ireland (109 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1997 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (419 snacks)
- Cheese & Onion Chips (46 snacks)
- Yuca/Cassava Chips (36 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Kiki's Kwik-Mart, Brighton, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
- Cravingz Spongiez Chocolate
- Lay's Big Wave Spicy Hot Pot
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road