Takis Zombie Nitro
Taste test: This exciting new flavor of Takis had the same tubular shapes as the other flavors but stood out with a bright green color on the outside, plus some light yellow tortilla chip showing through where the seasoning was thinner. We crunched in to find an intense flavor that was quite different from the other flavors. The habanero gave the chips some serious kick, but mixing it with cucumber made the flavor something else entirely. The heat wasn't as hot as some really killer habanero snacks, but the combination was still pretty hot; the cukes altered the flavor quite a bit but didn't do that much to reduce the heat. A mild habanero burn lingered for quite a while as an aftertaste.
Opinions of our snackers varied, with some unable to handle much of this flavor, while others found it a nice spicy accompaniment to beer.
Shop: Buy Takis on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Can smell some mild cucumber.
From the package: “Habanero & Cucumber Tortilla Chips” ... “Very Hot”
Online store: Buy Takis on Amazon #ad
Company: Barcel USA LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Takis (19 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Habanero Chips (52 snacks)
- Tubular Tortillas (47 snacks)
- Cucumber Snacks (10 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road