Takis Xtra Hot
Taste test: This special flavor of Takis rolled-up tortilla chips had an intense red color, a similar look to the Fuego flavor, except it was darker and less bright shade of red. With the "Xtra Hot" name on the bag, I was expecting something even hotter than the Fuego flavor (which was quite hot).
That's not what happened here; they were indeed hot, and quite hot, but probably a bit less hot than Fuego. The flavor was loaded with intense chili and lime, quite a kick of hot flavor, plus an excellent crunch. Our snackers enjoyed the taste and heat.
Much like Fuego, any incidental contact with these Takis left seasoning powder all over the hands — not just on the fingertips that actually held the snacks. I saw some of the red stuff on my knuckles and seriously wondered whether I'd cut myself until I realized what it was.
Shop: Buy Takis on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice tangy smell, reminded me of seasoned grilled chicken.
From the package: “Limited Edition” ... “Contains traces of milk, egg, wheat and yellow No. 5” ... “Made in Mexico”
Online store: Buy Takis on Amazon #ad
Company: Barcel USA LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Takis (19 snacks)
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1063 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Tubular Tortillas (47 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Mi Tierra Linda Supermercado Y Taqueria, Menlo Park, California. Review published July 2013.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road