Takis Volcano Queso
Taste test: This version of Takis promised a color-changing effect from the rolled tortilla chips, which were initially light orange in color, plus a habanero cheese flavor.
I crunched in to find the usual crisp, strong Takis crunch, with a nice nacho cheese taste, but only very briefly before the habanero heat took over. The heat wasn't overwhelming, but it was still impressively hot, with a great taste. The heat gradually grew and grew, turning into one of the tastiest afterburns that I've ever experienced. Really good!
As for the color-changing effect, normal eating of the Takis wouldn't really let you see it, but when I licked a Taki, it turned sort of greenish teal, unevenly (and nothing so dramatic as pictured on the bag) The more significant effect was on the tongue, which was definitely a change from my usual tongue color to a shocking teal.
One weird thing with this bag was that several of the pieces were not fully rolled up into the Takis shape. One of them was so far from fully rolled that I was able to learn something new about Takis. Evidently they're not made from triangular tortillas or even round ones — it's sort of an oval shape.
Shop: Buy Takis on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice nacho cheese-like smell, pretty similar to Doritos.
From the package: “New color changing effect!” ... “Limited Edition” ... “Habanero pepper cheese flavored tortilla chips” ... “Made in Mexico”
Online store: Buy Takis on Amazon #ad
Company: Barcel USA LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Takis/Taquis (18 snacks)
- Snacks from Mexico (123 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1020 snacks)
- Limited Editions (409 snacks)
- Habanero Chips (51 snacks)
- Tubular Tortillas (46 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at 7-Eleven. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Trolli Sour Brite Llamas
- Cheetos Flavor Shots Cheddar Jalapeño Asteroids
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
- StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Latin Citrus
- Elite Caramel
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road