Takis Scorpion BBQ
Taste test: This special version of Takis was released alongside Volcano Queso and promised a similar color-changing effect. Before changing colors, the chips had an orange color that was a bit darker than the Volcano Queso ones.
I crunched in to find a nice crunch and a fairly mild, very ordinary barbecue flavor, with some heat in the aftertaste, but really not a lot. Takis is known for bold flavors, but this ranks as maybe the mildest Takis flavor ever — don't fear this scorpion! It was tasty, but only very mildly hot. It did, as advertised, turn my tongue some crazy shades of blue!
Shop: Buy Takis on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mild barbecue smell.
From the package: “Limited Edition” ... “New color changing effect!” ... “Made in Mexico”
Online store: Buy Takis on Amazon #ad
Company: Barcel USA LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Takis (19 snacks)
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1062 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (484 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Tubular Tortillas (47 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road