Takis Scorpion BBQ
Taste test: This special version of Takis was released alongside Volcano Queso and promised a similar color-changing effect. Before changing colors, the chips had an orange color that was a bit darker than the Volcano Queso ones.
I crunched in to find a nice crunch and a fairly mild, very ordinary barbecue flavor, with some heat in the aftertaste, but really not a lot. Takis is known for bold flavors, but this ranks as maybe the mildest Takis flavor ever — don't fear this scorpion! It was tasty, but only very mildly hot. It did, as advertised, turn my tongue some crazy shades of blue!
Shop: Buy Takis on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mild barbecue smell.
From the package: “Limited Edition” ... “New color changing effect!” ... “Made in Mexico”
Online store: Buy Takis on Amazon #ad
Company: Barcel USA LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Takis/Taquis (18 snacks)
- Snacks from Mexico (123 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1020 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (481 snacks)
- Limited Editions (409 snacks)
- Tubular Tortillas (46 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Mineirão One Stop Mart, Union Square, Somerville. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Trolli Sour Brite Llamas
- Cheetos Flavor Shots Cheddar Jalapeño Asteroids
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
- StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Latin Citrus
- Elite Caramel
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road