Taste test: This version of Takis, part of their Flavor Challenge along with Angry Burger, Wild and Titan, featured tortilla chips rolled up tightly as usual, with a strong helping of dark orange powder on the surfaces. The bag defined "Lava" as a cheese and chipotle flavor.
We crunched in to find a good helping of just that, with a zesty chipotle pepper (which is really a smoked jalapeño) being the dominant flavor. It wasn't among the hottest tortilla chips ever, nor even one of the hottest Takis flavors, but it packed some good heat along with a very nice taste.
Shop: Buy Takis on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good zesty hot pepper smell.
From the package: “Cheese and chipotle tortilla chips artificially flavored” ... “Vote for your favorite and you could win prizes!” ... “Made in Mexico”
Online store: Buy Takis on Amazon #ad
Company: Barcel USA LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Takis/Taquis (18 snacks)
- Snacks from Mexico (123 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1022 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (592 snacks)
- Tubular Tortillas (47 snacks)
- Chipotle Snacks (45 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Target. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
- Señorial Bolitas Queso
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road