Taste test: This version of Takis, part of their Flavor Challenge along with Angry Burger, Wild and Titan, featured tortilla chips rolled up tightly as usual, with a strong helping of dark orange powder on the surfaces. The bag defined "Lava" as a cheese and chipotle flavor.
We crunched in to find a good helping of just that, with a zesty chipotle pepper (which is really a smoked jalapeño) being the dominant flavor. It wasn't among the hottest tortilla chips ever, nor even one of the hottest Takis flavors, but it packed some good heat along with a very nice taste.
Shop: Buy Takis on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good zesty hot pepper smell.
From the package: “Cheese and chipotle tortilla chips artificially flavored” ... “Vote for your favorite and you could win prizes!” ... “Made in Mexico”
Online store: Buy Takis on Amazon #ad
Company: Barcel USA LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Takis (19 snacks)
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1063 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Tubular Tortillas (47 snacks)
- Chipotle Snacks (46 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road