Takis Angry Burger
Taste test: So far, the Takis has offered a more limited flavor selection than Doritos, with only 11 versions reviewed by Taquitos.net prior to this one, vs. 128 kinds of Doritos, but it's clear that Takis is starting to step up its flavor game. This flavor promised to taste like a hamburger with pickles, and it was one of four in the first flavor contest (that we're aware of) held by Takis. (It wasn't clear from the bag what the consequences of this contest would be for the continued availability of the flavors.)
The rolled tortillas had the usual Takis shape and size, with lots of green seasoning, plus some yellow tortilla chip showing through in places. We crunched in to find a fairly light crunch as Takis go, with a flavor that could definitely pass for a burger with various condiments, heavy on the pickle. It was quite tasty. There was a bit of heat, but it was very mild, particularly as Takis heat goes. As for the "Angry" name, it was a bit confusing. Burger King has sold a product called the Angry Whopper, promising and delivering lots of hot peppers on the hamburger, but with the emphasis on pickles here, it wasn't clear what they were getting at.
Shop: Buy Takis on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mild pickle flavor, could pass for a burger with pickles.
From the package: “Hamburger and dill pickles tortilla chips artificially flavored” ... “Flavor challenge: Vote for your favorite and you could win prizes” ... “Made in Mexico”
Online store: Buy Takis on Amazon #ad
Company: Barcel USA LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Takis (19 snacks)
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Meat Flavored Chips (111 snacks)
- Pickle Chips (70 snacks)
- Dill Chips (61 snacks)
- Tubular Tortillas (47 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road