Taco Dippers Bean & Rice
Taste test: These tortilla chips had an unusual look, with sort of a racetrack shape that had two parallel straight sides connected by rounded ends. The surfaces had kind of a mustardy yellow/beige color, with many bubbles embedded inside, plus lots of black bits of various sizes (far more of these spots than shown in the picture on the bag).
We crunched in to find a very nice crispness, with a light, brittle crunch. The flavor was a tasty mix of beans, peppers and spices at first, but the hot peppers really kicked in for the aftertaste, a fairly spicy and very delicious taste. We shared most of the bag around among some snackers who had never seen anything much like these chips, and people were all quite impressed by the flavor and texture.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of bean smell with a hint of black pepper.
From the package: “Made with non GMO corn” ... “Auténtico” ... “Taco Dippers are for those who demand more than empty calories and ordinary taste. Our chips are made from authentic old world recipes, using the very best artisanal ingredients. On our path to chip supremacy, we first created the perfect shape and thickness from a traditional maize known for holding its flavoring. Then added a secret blend of authentic spices to create big, bold flavor.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Taco Dippers, LLC
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Oreo
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road