Taco Bell Fire! Tortilla Chips
Taste test: Does this look like a giant bag of Taco Bell Hot sauce? It was supposed to, but it actually contained Taco Bell-branded tortilla chips based on that sauce. (If Fire's not your thing, they also have a version based on Taco Bell's Mild sauce.)
The chips had 1/6-circle shapes, with bubbly surfaces bearing a dark red color and lots of seasoning powder. The gold standard for very hot, red-colored tortilla chips is Takis Fuego, and this red color really didn't compare — it was sort of a dull red, not the on-fire red of Takis. I crunched in to find that the first few bites were decidedly lacking in fire, with a very mild taste. The heat did arrive in earnest after a delay, with a strong heat and a flavor that was well in line with the packets of Fire sauce. A cold beverage or some sour cream would work well with this — I used both. The heat lingered too, roaring back after taking a sip of juice to temper it for a while. It was strong heat and nice taste, but neither aspect was as impressive as those Takis.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like taco powder and hot peppers.
From the package: “Never a dull moment” ... “Introducing Taco Bell's new Fire tortilla chips. If you're not afraid to be bold, then I'm the one for you. I'm crispy, crunchy and full of fiery flavor that will rock your world. Simply put: I'm fire. Dare to dance with me?” ... “Packed exclusively for Taco Bell Corp., Irvine, CA 92618” ... “Product of Mexico”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Sugar Foods Corp.
Categories for this snack:
- All Taco Bell (6 snacks)
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1060 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Taco Snacks (38 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road