SunBites Biscuit-Seaweed Flavor
Taste test: This variation of Sun Chips (with a slightly different name) had the same general shape and size as Sun Chips, with a similar 3 ripples per chip, at least when I gave them a quick look. But a closer look revealed more of a dense foam type of structure molded into the familiar Sun Chips shape, so it was different than the thinner, more brittle standard Sun Chips.
I crunched in and immediately noticed the seaweed taste above all else, and though I'm not a big fan of seaweed, and particularly don't like the taste of seaweed strips, this taste was not as bad as I imagine it could have been. The texture was indeed different too, as it was kind of a dense-but-airy foam with a different crunch than Sun Chips — not quite as good as Sun Chips, with their nice light crunch, but not bad either. When I shared the bag with several other snackers, they all liked these chips quite a bit.
Shop: Buy SunChips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong seaweed smell. But not really bad.
From the package: “Ingredients: Corn Powder, Wheat Powder, Palm Oil, Rice, Corn, Sugar, Oat, Barley, Flavour Enhancer (621), Soysauce Powder, Salt, Baking Soda, Chili Powder, Laver, Vinegar Powder, Seafood Powder (2.5% By Dried Weight)”
Online store: Buy SunChips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Sun Chips (22 snacks)
- Snacks from Taiwan (93 reviews)
- Ripple Chips (590 snacks)
- Seaweed Snacks (18 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Thai Kee IGA Supermarket, at Market City (above Paddy's Market) in Sydney, Australia. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road