Taste test: This large box contained five smallish individual bags, but really the box was big enough to hold at least eight bags, so there was lots of air too. Each bag contained three kinds of snacks: Mini SunChips with a sweet apple seasoning; cereal squares that seemed like sort of a cross between Chex and Shredded Wheat; and another cereal-like thing that resembled oversized Cheerios, except whiter and smoother on the outside, but described (rather bizarrely) on the box as "apple cinnamon flavored bagel buttons."
The Sun Chips were pretty good, with a light feel and a nice sweet, mild seasoning. The cereal squares were the best of the lot, with a nice texture and very good flavor. But they were also the rarest of the three elements. The oversized Cheerios were incredibly bland, not flavorful and stiff. They did not taste like apple or cinnamon at all. Nor like bagels. Would much rather have substituted actual Cheerios. Overall, not very impressed by this mix.
Shop: Buy SunChips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like Apple Jacks cereal.
From the package: “Snacking on the go! At lunch, work or on the go, you've got a great way to snack with this delicious blend of sweet Mini SunChips® snacks, cereal squares and apple cinnamon flavored bagel buttons.”
Online store: Buy SunChips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Sun Chips (22 snacks)
- Cinnamon Snacks (161 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (157 snacks)
- Party Mixes (134 snacks)
- Apple Snacks (80 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road