Sun Chips Veggie Harvest Farmhouse Ranch
Taste test: These chips followed the same "Veggie" formula as the Veggie Harvest Tomato, Basil & Cheese version, with peas and corn as the first two ingredients, also including some wheat and rice much father down the list. Also like the other flavor, they made a very odd usage of the word "Veggie" on the bag. (See the full "Veggie" rant in the other review.)
The chips had the usual SunChips shape, with a beige color and some large green seasoning bits here and there. I crunched in to find the same good crispness and somewhat brittle crunch as the other flavor, with a strong hint of ranch seasoning, not a lot, but still a nice taste. The very mellow ranch made it easier to taste the underlying "veggie" than the other flavor, as that was a pretty good taste itself, but all in all, I preferred the Tomato, Basil & Cheese.
Shop: Buy SunChips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not like ranch at all. Kind of weird.
From the package: “Veggie and chips together like two peas in a pod. We took the delicious Sun Chips® snacks you love and added the wholesome goodness of real veggie.”
Online store: Buy SunChips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Sun Chips (22 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (606 snacks)
- Vegetable Chips (151 snacks)
- Ranch Chips (124 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published February 2016.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road