Stewart's BBQ Kettle Cooked Potato Chips
Taste test: These are good barbecue chips, with a mild but tasty barbecue flavor.
The taste is not really hot at all, except for the mildest hot aftertaste, but it's also not the least bit sweet. Somehow, it's good. They have a nice crunch, similar in texture to Cape Cod chips.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A little oily, not too barbecuey.
From the package: “Potato Chip legend ... has it that potato chips were invented at Moon's Lake House in Saratoga Springs when the famous millionaire, Cornelius Vanderbuilt (sic), complained that the fried potatoes were too thick. The chef, George Crum, got fed up, shaved paper thin strips from a potato and fried them. Before long Crum opened his own restaurant where everyone could savor Crum's potato chips!”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Stewart's Shops Corp.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Keith and Melissa at Stewart's in Clifton Park, N.Y.. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
- Alexander the Grape
- StarKist Bold Creations Premium Tuna with Rice & Beans
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road