Starbucks Smoky Sweet Barbecue Kettle Potato Chips
Taste test: Starbucks has their own brand of potato chips? 15 years of reviewing snacks on the Interweb, but I had no idea! This might have something to do with how infrequently I go to Starbucks, which might have something to do with the fact that I don't drink coffee.
Based on the copyright date on the back of the bag, it appears they've been selling chips for at least 3 years. Again, I had no idea. Thankfully, a friend tipped me off about the existence of Starbucks potato chips and gave me this bag.
The chips had a light orange glow, with many dark seasoning bits on the wiggly surfaces and many bubbles embedded inside. I crunched in to find a very nice crispness, with a crunch that was slightly more solid than your typical kettle-cooked chips. The barbecue flavor was mild — slightly sweet and slightly smoky — but it worked well with the potato for a very nice taste.
Very good! Next time I'm inside a Starbucks, I'll check to see if they have other flavors.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smoky barbecue flavor, but nothing particularly enticing about it, either as potato or smoke.
From the package: “Thick and crunchy with the sweet, smoky flavor of hickory.” ... “Enliven your taste buds with the tangy barbecue flavor of these thick-cut kettle potato chips. Enjoy the satisfying crunch as a snack or a side with lunch”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Starbucks Coffee Company
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Andrew Schwartz at Starbucks. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road