Spudkins Fry Cuts Sour Cream & Onion
Taste test: These fries looked like real fries cut from a potato, much like other recent products from Calbee under the Jagabee and Whole Cuts brands, with generally long pieces that included skin on the ends and a light smattering of green bits on the surfaces. It's rare to see a sour cream and onion fry (the only other we've reviewed was from LesserEvil), so this seemed like a nice flavor adventure to go on.
We crunched in to find the same nice light, crunchy texture as the other Calbee fries, with a taste that was exactly like sour cream and onion potato chips (particularly of the Lay's variety). A nice taste!
The weird thing here was the fact that this Spudkins Fry Cuts brand exists at all. Why has Calbee needed three different brand names in a few short years to sell essentially the same product?
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mild onion smell.
From the package: “Fry Cuts are simply 100% Russet Potatoes, cut and cooked to an always crispy crunch, with naturally delicious seasonings. Fry Cuts are ready, wherever the crunch takes you.” ... “Packed on shared equipment with: wheat, fish, soy.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Calbee North America, LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at Ocean State Job Lot. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road