Speedy Choice Carolina Reaper Premium Cheese Curls
Taste test: This store-brand snack highly resembled Herr's Carolina Reaper Scorchin' Hot Cheese Curls in lots of ways, starting with the flavor name and continuing with appearance of the curls, which seemed pretty much identical — thick, not very curvy and bright orange with a smattering of dark bits.
The bag's marketing copy didn't hype the heat of the flavor the way that Herr's did, but we still figured that these were likely made by Herr's and expected that they would taste the same.
We crunched in to find an unusual, quite tasty and mildly hot flavor at first, growing hotter in the aftertaste to an impressive heat. All in all, it was very good and quite similar to those Herr's Reaper curls, but the heat actually seemed more pronounced for these (despite the lack of hype). It was still far short of the burn from the Paqui's insanely hot Reaper Madness, but they did pack an impressive punch.
Shop: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice sweet peppery smell, but not hot.
From the package: “Enjoy the bold flavor and crunch of Speedy Choice® premium snacks. Try one of our many savory varieties crafted from choice ingredients and seasoned with innovative flavor combinations. Whatever your taste, we've got your craving covered.”
Online store: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Company: Speedway LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Speedway. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road