Smiths Salt 'n' Shake Crisps
Taste test: These are not your usual potato chips. Rather than salting the chips, Smiths put no salt on them at all and included a packet of salt so that you can salt them yourself!
When I opened the bag, I decided that I just had to try a chip before applying the salt. It was incredibly bland — barely and flavor at all. So I proceded to open the salt packet, pour it into the bag, and give the bag a thorough shaking. Once you've salted them, they're just average potato chips.
I'm not so sure I'm excited about this self-service salting thing. Despite my best efforts to shake up the bag, the salt was not applied evenly to all chips, and some had markedly less salt than others. Still, this was a nice change from the everyday potato chips bag.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Regular potato chips smell.
From the package: “Frank Smith sold Britain's first crisps to the pubs of Cricklewood. The salt-cellers he provided vanished as fast as the crisps. The little blue twist of salt was his ingenious solution.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Smiths (6 snacks)
- Snacks from the UK (328 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Regular Potato Chips (252 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy in London.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road