Smiths Salt 'n' Shake Crisps
Taste test: These are not your usual potato chips. Rather than salting the chips, Smiths put no salt on them at all and included a packet of salt so that you can salt them yourself!
When I opened the bag, I decided that I just had to try a chip before applying the salt. It was incredibly bland — barely and flavor at all. So I proceded to open the salt packet, pour it into the bag, and give the bag a thorough shaking. Once you've salted them, they're just average potato chips.
I'm not so sure I'm excited about this self-service salting thing. Despite my best efforts to shake up the bag, the salt was not applied evenly to all chips, and some had markedly less salt than others. Still, this was a nice change from the everyday potato chips bag.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Regular potato chips smell.
From the package: “Frank Smith sold Britain's first crisps to the pubs of Cricklewood. The salt-cellers he provided vanished as fast as the crisps. The little blue twist of salt was his ingenious solution.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Smiths (6 snacks)
- Snacks from the UK (323 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1984 snacks)
- Regular Potato Chips (252 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy in London.
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy
- Jack Link's White Meat Chicken Tender Bites Original
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Mini Crullers Original Glazed
- Trader Joe's Organic Milk Chocolate Truffle
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road