Smartfood Selects Garlic Tomato Basil Hummus Popped Chips
Taste test: This version of the Smartfood Popped Chips looked like their namesake Popchips, as they were round, wiggly chips of about the same size.
This kind had a light beige color with some seasoning that was mostly green but with a little bit of orange. The chips were thinner than Popchips and had a mid-level crunch, with less crispness than the very crisp Popchips. The flavor was pretty good, as the mix of tomato and basil wasn't super-strong, but was still strong enough to go well with the bean-based chips for a nice taste.
Shop: Buy Smartfood on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice fresh tomato and basil smell.
From the package: “Smart combinations of real herbs & spices” ... “The Smartfood® brand has been creating delicious, fresh-tasting, light-textured White Cheddar Cheese popcorn for over 25 years. But it's smart to spice things up every once in a while. With Smartfood® Selects, our chefs have masterfully crafter mouth-watering flavors, naturally made with smart combinations of real herbs and spices.”
Online store: Buy Smartfood on Amazon #ad
Company: Smartfoods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- All Smartfood (23 snacks)
- Tomato Snacks (103 snacks)
- Bean Chips (48 snacks)
- Basil-flavored Snacks (27 snacks)
- Hummus chips (11 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2012
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road