Smart Alex Totally Taco! Popped Multi Grain Tortilla Chips
Taste test: These triangular tortilla chips had the same Popchips-like look as Smart Alex's Ranch flavor, with orange powder — lots of it — on the yellow surfaces, plus a slight smattering of darker bits that we hoped would bring along some taco spice.
We crunched in to find a solid, crisp crunch that was far different from both Doritos and Popchips, with a whole lot of flavoring that did indeed have a taco taste. It was a good taco flavor, but it lacked a real kick, at least initially. Some more spice did arrive for the aftertaste, but it still lacked the zestiness of many good taco snacks. Still a good one.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong taco powder smell. Nice!
From the package: “Smart Alex® brand snacks began with one simple goal: to create the best-tasting snacks using the best possible ingredients. Made with Non-GMO corn, brown rice, and a proprietary blend of the finest seasonings, our Smart Alex® Popped Multi Grain Tortilla Chips have a truly great taste and crunch the whole family will love. And since they're flash popped, they're lower in fat than fried tortilla chips.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Smart Alex Foods, LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published September 2018.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road