Skinnygirl Sea Salt & Cracked Flax Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
Taste test: Like most "blue corn" tortilla chips, these chips were more black than blue in color, with Doritos-sized triangular shapes. On close examination, we could see many seeds embedded in the chips, some brownish and some light gray.
We crunched in find a mild corn taste at first, a bit bland. As we ate more chips, the corn flavor grew a bit richer, and we could more easily notice the taste of the seeds, so it was pretty good. Still, this was not a flavor-heavy chip, so it might be a good candidate for some dipping. The fairly flat shapes weren't perfectly suited for salsa, but a creamy dip could work well here.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly the typical blue corn tortilla chips smell.
From the package: “There's something about a sprinkling of sea salt and nutty flavored flaxseeds on a crunchy blue corn chip. It's almost hard to believe it's packed with whole grains.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Barrel o' Fun Snack Food Co.
Categories for this snack:
- All Skinny Girl (10 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (235 snacks)
- Seeds (70 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published July 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road