Skinnygirl Salsa Verde Ancient Grain Tortilla Chips made with Quinoa
Taste test: These tortilla chips had generally a yellow-beige color, and the surfaces included lots of light-colored seasoning, plus there were some black seeds embedded inside. The triangular chips were comparable to Doritos in shape and size.
We crunched in to find a good crispness and soft crunch, a little less crisp and less crunchy than Doritos, so not as good as Doritos in the texture department, but still a pretty good feel. The highlight here was the taste, as the chips were quite flavorful, with lots of peppers and onions, plus some garlic in the mix too. These were definitely the kind of tortilla chips that don't need to be dipped into anything to be tasty. If you want something cool to balance out the garlic and mild heat, sour cream work work great with this flavor!
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Zesty mix of peppers and spices. Nice!
From the package: “Some flavors are just meant to be together. There's something about the perfect blend of crushed bell peppers, green chiles and hot jalapeños sprinkled onto a crunchy grain and quinoa corn chip. Enjoy straight from the bag or enjoy with friends.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Barrel o' Fun Snack Food Co.
Categories for this snack:
- All Skinny Girl (10 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Salsa Chips (89 snacks)
- Quinoa Chips (26 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published June 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road