Skinnygirl Snacks Peppercorn Ranch Baked Veggie Chips
Taste test: These potato-based crisps were thin and had strange shapes, with a fairly dark green color overall but many darker and lighter green shades on closer examination. Most of the pieces were broken into smaller ones, but we did find a few that matched the intact one pictured on the bag, which looked kind of like the symmetrical profile of a vase.
We crunched in to find a very nice light, brittle crunch and a great mix of veggies and spices. The crunch was sort of like Baked Lay's, except quite a bit better, as these were both brittle and crisp in a really nice way. In the taste, the spinach was most noticeable, but it was helped along but a tasty mix of spices. We didn't notice the peppercorn among those spices initially, possibly because it was overshadowed by all of the other flavors, but a strong nice taste of black pepper did arrive later in the aftertaste. Very tasty, great chips!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong veggies smell, can definitely spell the spinach along with some spices. Not that much pepper.
From the package: “Made with real vegetables” ... “If you like a little zing there's nothing like spicy peppercorns and tangy ranch sprinkled onto a crunchy, spinach and kale baked crisp, made with real veggies.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Barrel o' Fun Snack Food Co.
Categories for this snack:
- All Skinny Girl (10 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (416 snacks)
- Vegetable Chips (151 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (131 snacks)
- Kale Snacks (7 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published October 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road