Simply Lay's Sea Salted Thick Cut Potato Chips
Taste test: These chips had fairly flat shapes as potato chips go, with a light yellow color and lots of skin around the edges, plus just a little browning on some chips near select areas of the edges. Many of the chips were quite big, and most were unbroken, though the bag was only filled up about halfway.
We crunched in to find that the chips were thicker than Lay's Classic and had a softer, less crisp crunch. The taste was very similar (and maybe slightly better), with a good rich potato flavor and a generous helping of salt, but the texture really seemed flat in comparison. Not a really bad or stale texture, but just very plain as potato chips go. If I had a choice between these and Lay's Classic, it would be an easy decision, and my choice would not be this kind.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong fresh potato smell. Salty. Very good.
From the package: “Great taste, Good fun!® No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Simply put: our Simply snacks are the ones you feel good about sharing with the people you love most!” ... “Gluten Free” ... “Made with Expeller-Pressed SunFlower Oil” .... “Sea Salt is evaporated from seawater, rather than mined from mineral deposits.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2003 snacks)
- Regular Potato Chips (252 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (232 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- Monet Vegetable Entertainer Crackers
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road