Simply Lay's Barbecue Flavored Thick Cut Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had gently curving shapes with an orange glow over most of the surfaces, plus a light smattering of black seasoning bits.
We crunched in to find a mild crunch with good crispness and a pretty good barbecue taste, though nothing unusual or special in terms of BBQ flavor. It's rare for Lay's chips to have any mention on the bag of how thick they were cut, but these did, claiming a thick cut. They were probably slightly thicker than the usual for Lay's, though barely, and they weren't particularly thick when compared to brands that bring real thickness to the table.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong barbecue sauce smell, more spicy than sweet.
From the package: “At Simply, our snacks are made with ingredients you can feel good about and come from the brands you love. We call this pure deliciousness.” ... “Made with potatoes and sunflower oil with the delicious flavors of BBQ sauce.” ... “Deliciousness guaranteed”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (237 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (488 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
This snack was discovered at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published February 2019.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road