Simply Balanced Organic Rolled Tortilla Chips 7 Grains & Seeds
Taste test: This was the first bag of store-brand tubular tortilla chips (think Takis) that we've seen. The major difference between this and the name brands was the lack of a bold flavor; while the others have pushed various combinations of hot peppers and cheeses, this one had neither of those things. It did promise more than just ordinary corn tortilla chip dough, as there was also quinoa, chia, flax and sesame.
We opened the resealable bag to find that the tubes were generally light beige, but there were many dark seeds and a few lighter ones embedded inside. We crunched in to find a fairly solid crunch and pretty good crispness, with lots of salty corn flavor to start. We could taste some of the seeds as well, but the corn dominated. The lack of spices wasn't really a problem, as the tubes worked well for dipping into a liquidy salsa, letting us choose what flavor we wanted by offering multiple salsa. Pretty good chips.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong corn tortilla smell, with definitely some seeds too.
From the package: “Our Organic Rolled Tortilla Chips combine the satisfying crunch of a tortilla chip with the goodness of while grains and sesame, flax and chia seeds. Made with natural ingredients, these uniquely shaped, gluten-free chips pair perfectly with your favorite salsas and dips.” ... “Our simple promise: The Simply Balanced guarantee means taking the guesswork out of eating well.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Target Brands Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Sesame Snacks (82 snacks)
- Seeds (70 snacks)
- Tubular Tortillas (47 snacks)
- Quinoa Chips (25 snacks)
- Chia Snacks (16 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Target. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road