Seneca Farms Blue Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips looked much different from just about all other potato chips, as their color fell somewhere between dark purple and black.
They didn't strike anyone as being actually blue. The chips had a thick cut and lots of bubbles embedded inside, in a whole range of sizes. It took a very close look to see that there was some skin around their edges, as the skin wasn't much darker than the rest of the chip. The chips were quite crunchy with a somewhat light feel. They had a fairly subtle potato taste, as there wasn't much salt and not a strong potato flavor, but our tasters liked them a lot and grabbed chips by the handful.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like raw, peeled potatoes.
From the package: “Blue potatoes orignated thousands of years ago in South America but were only introduced in North America in the 1970's. In the past decade, these delicately colored potatoes have swept the culinary world for their exquisite appearance and rich taste profile. At Seneca, we believe in pure and natural ingredients, so we prepare our chips as simply as possible and season with only the merest suggestion of salt.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Seneca Foods Corp.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published June 2011.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road