Select Alliance Market Basket Herr's Spicy Queso Red Bean Popped Chips
Taste test: This co-branded Herr's/store brand knockoff of Popchips had the same sort of wiggly, flat, slightly cupped shaped that are typical of Popchips, with a light brown color and lots of seasoning powder on the surfaces. The starring grain on the label was Red Beans, but the ingredients revealed that there was actually more Rice Flour than Red Bean Flour.
We crunched in to find a very good crispness and somewhat solid crunch, with a nice tangy mix of spices to start, then a nice kick of tasty, spicy heat in the aftertaste. All of that flavor powder left some serious residue on the fingertips, but the chips were quite flavorful.
Shop: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mildly spicy cheese smell.
From the package: “Light, Crunchy Bean Snacks” ... “Our Popped Chips have the crispy, satisfying crunch of a potato chip and a taste that's delightful and simply irresistible. For best results, open, eat and enjoy.”
Online store: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Latin Citrus
- Elite Caramel
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road