Select Alliance Market Basket Herr's Spicy Queso Red Bean Popped Chips
Taste test: This co-branded Herr's/store brand knockoff of Popchips had the same sort of wiggly, flat, slightly cupped shaped that are typical of Popchips, with a light brown color and lots of seasoning powder on the surfaces. The starring grain on the label was Red Beans, but the ingredients revealed that there was actually more Rice Flour than Red Bean Flour.
We crunched in to find a very good crispness and somewhat solid crunch, with a nice tangy mix of spices to start, then a nice kick of tasty, spicy heat in the aftertaste. All of that flavor powder left some serious residue on the fingertips, but the chips were quite flavorful.
Shop: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mildly spicy cheese smell.
From the package: “Light, Crunchy Bean Snacks” ... “Our Popped Chips have the crispy, satisfying crunch of a potato chip and a taste that's delightful and simply irresistible. For best results, open, eat and enjoy.”
Online store: Buy Herr's Snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road