Scoville Food Institute Crunchy Kettle Style Cheddar Habanero Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips generally had a golden yellow color, with some brownish spots and a lot of skin visible around the edges.
Some of the chips were fairly large, and all were somewhat wiggly and many had bubbles embedded inside. With the heat warnings on the bag including of habanero pepper and Scoville Institute brand name, I had a high heat expectation. They turned out to be very tasty chips, very crunchy and somewhat crisp, but as hot chips go, they were quite tame. There was a mid-level heat after eating several chips, plus mildly hot aftertaste, but really nothing major. Some potential tasters were scared off by the warnings, but everyone willing to try liked these the taste, though nobody thought that they were particularly hot.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good potato smell with a bit of cheddar, but nothing hot.
From the package: “xxx-hot warning” ... “Thank you for trying our new All Natural Kettle Chip. We also offer a full line of All Natural Hot Sauces, Salsa and Mustards.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: The Scoville Food Institute
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (421 snacks)
- Habanero Chips (52 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road