Savoursmiths Desert Salt Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips promised the unusual ingredient of salt from the Kalahari Desert. We couldn't see any specific evidence of that in the appearance of the chips — and we wouldn't even know where to begin to look for it. The chips had a strong yellow color with a semi-transparent look in some areas, plus lots of skin around the edges and somewhat wiggly shapes. The pieces were generally smallish.
We crunched in to find a strong crunch and good rich potato taste, fairly salty at times, but there was not anything flavorwise that set these apart from potato chips that didn't mention the Kalahari Desert on their bags. Still, they were tasty.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild potato smell.
From the package: “We could tell you more about our desert salt ... like how it is unrefined and unprocessed, and naturally harvested from a salt pan in the pristine Kalahari Desert ... but we get the feeling you're the kind of crisp eater who would rather keep it minimal. We respect that.” ... “Savoursmiths' potatoes are grown in the UK to LEAF Marque standards.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from the UK (329 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2035 snacks)
- Regular Potato Chips (254 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road